Visual and Web Designer
Full-Time | Remote Work
The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund was established in 1981 to promote the full participation of Latinos in the American political process, from citizenship to public service.
NALEO Educational Fund achieves its mission through integrated strategies that include increasing the effectiveness of Latino policymakers, mobilizing the Latino community to engage in civic life, and promoting policies that advance Latino political engagement.
Founded in 1981 by the late Congressman Edward R. Roybal, NALEO Educational Fund is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization governed by a 15-member Board of Directors and a 35-member Board of Advisors.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, the NALEO Educational Fund maintains offices in Houston, New York City, Orlando, Phoenix, and Washington D.C. It employs about 75 full-time staff with an annual budget of $15 million and offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement coverage.
The Visual Designer will report directly to the National Director of Communications and will work closely with the Senior Creative Manager to support with visual design, marketing collateral and brand needs of the organization. This is a full time, nonexempt position located in the United States with a salary range of $45,000 to $58,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Portfolio of previous work must be presented that demonstrates an understanding of visual design.
- Ensure that there is a consistent look on all organizational marketing materials;
- Adhere to brand standards of the organization;
- Design print and online materials, including presentations, sharable social media graphics, invitations, research reports (with charts), flyers, event journals, and signage;
- Experience with design and element placement as well as graphic and text layouts.
- Willingness to learn;
- Ability to interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and organizational goals.
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization;
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communications or related field;
- Minimum of three years of prior design experience;
- Bilingual skills preferred, but not required;
- High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver;
- Familiarity with copyright and legal restrictions, in relation to art rights, stock photography, caricatures, etc.;
- Solid understanding of design, color, hierarchal and typographic principles;
- Strong understanding of Social Media platforms and design aesthetics;
- Design experience including page layouts, information graphics, website design, presentations and logo/identity development;
- Understanding of photo retouching;
- Must have working knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS;
- Must have experience with CMS platforms (Experience with WordPress and Divi Builder a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a consummate team-player, a creative problem solver, positive attitude, detail-oriented and highly motivated;
- Must have strong organizational skills;
- If a driver, must have a valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance coverage;
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; and
- Supportive of mission and non-partisan philosophy of NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The position requires certain physical and mental demands, including the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the demands of the position should contact Human Resources.
DISCLAIMER Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO: Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration NALEO Educational Fund 1122 W. Washington Blvd., 3rd Floor Los Angeles, CA 90015 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NALEO Educational Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications and not race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
You may also like –