Talent Manager, HR and People Operations (Remote)
Location: United States
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for an experienced Talent Manager to join our People Operations Practice Area. As the Talent Manager, you will play an instrumental role in the success and growth of the company by executing administrative functions in areas of talent acquisition, onboarding, employee relations, training & development, and basic office administrative support.
We pride ourselves on having a transparent and flat corporate structure. This position will be in a unique position to help lead the team responsible for performance improvement plans, salary adjustments, and designing a company-wide coaching/mentoring program. This is a great opportunity for an HR specialist with experience in doing traditional HR tasks like maintaining employee files and developing company policies, to also be more directly involved in the employee experience.
Please note that we are a fully remote team and we need a Talent Manager to come in with a solid understanding of a complicated remote working model, as well as possible challenges it brings.
- Own and maintain employee experience and performance in the company (DEI, Retention, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure up-to-date employee records and data in our HR Solutions cloud-based platform
- Work with the leadership team and project managers to monitor employee performance and improvement annually
- Assist and administer the development of company policies related to HR
- Work closely with individual employees on professional development, conflict resolution, and coaching
- Work closely with the hiring team to track staffing needs and determine fair salary bands for current employees and new positions
- Ensure all employee improvement plans are fair, consistent, and compliant with federal regulations
- Educate leadership and business on areas of risk and proactively solve issues that may arise as we scale
- Take over, facilitate, and continue to improve our remote onboarding process
- Partner with other team members across the entire organization on special projects (examples: Open Enrollment, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Performance Management, Learning & Development, and Engagement Surveys)
- Drive company-wide initiatives that increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in all matters relating to employee records and investigations
- 3+ years of experience in HR or People Operations
- 1+ year working remotely
- Ability to handle sensitive People matters, strong and sincere empathy for the employee experience, and the communication skills to present to senior management
- Experience creating or optimizing onboarding processes
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Experience with tools like Slack, Trello or similar management tools
- Ability to make sound decisions independently and thrive in ambiguity
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge and experience in federal and multi-state employment law and compliance practices operations (local, state, and federal law).
- Experience in implementing DEI tactics and strategies into the company culture
- Experience modeling and maintaining payscales
We are a fully distributed remote team within the U.S. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection, and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team.
- $70,000 – $85,000 USD per Year
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy, and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy — employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive, and healthy. We have paid parental leave. We have an annual all-hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that it is our intention that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license, enabling you to bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
We find strength and inspiration in the things that make each of us unique. We value diverse teams at CivicActions. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.