HR Associate: Onboarding and Training Specialist
Job type – Remote
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
Ergeon was founded by two serial entrepreneurs and has been growing extremely fast. We assembled a world-class team of 100 remote staff around the world and have raised significant funding from top tier investors. We are looking for top talent — join us in disrupting the $200B+ home improvement market!
Overview of the Role
This entrylevel position will perform various activities in the Human Resource area. Includes activities to onboard, set up systems, and train new staff. Improve and document our HR processes and onboarding material. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, comfortable with complex and multistep processes, and dedicated to helping people get the most out of work.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will join a compact and efficient HR team overseeing 100+ staff members around the world, with a direct impact on the HR strategy, and huge potential for growth! We have a unique culture as a fully distributed company, with open communication little bureaucracy. Ideas can come from anywhere. We value kindness, investing in people, and being lean.
- Assist our recruiting function with admin tasks and sourcing
- Analyze staffing logistics and organize process documentation
- Collect feedback and improve our onboarding experience
- Organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs
- Explain and provide information on employee benefits, programs, and education
- Perform routine and recurring HR admin tasks
- Answer staff questions and addresses staff concerns
- Assist with some payroll and financerelated activities as needed
- Work on remote culture initiatives and compliance processes as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience creating and documenting processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Very positive attitude and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent computer skills, experience using Excel and Google applications
- Extremely Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Fluent in English
Available to work at least 25+ hours per week during business hours (US Pacific Coast Time Zone)
Nice to have:
- Experience actively sourcing candidates for recruiting
- Experience in onboarding or training
- Project management experience
- Interviewing experience
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Spanish speaker a plus
You may also like –