eLearning Content Designer
- Department: Production
- Office: Remote
- Location: Nationwide
The eLearning Content Designer will be responsible for designing/developing multimedia content for a variety of content areas that promote user engagement and reflect best practices in instructional design and content development.
The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and aesthetically appealing manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop eLearning course materials that are functional, intuitive, informative, accurate and consistent with sound instructional design principles focused on adult learning theory.
- Conduct instructional research and apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to course design.
- Design and develop graphics, audio, animations, and video for eLearning courses.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Curriculum Production to develop templates for various course models.
- Must possess strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Provide thorough and detailed quality assurance of all course material
- Good sense of aesthetics = designs interactive features that are visually appealing and support learner’s understanding of content
- Strong background in Universal Design for Learning concepts, ADA compliance and web accessibility along with assistive learning technologies
- Develop course materials using presentation software compatible with LMS, Adobe Creative Suite, Vyond, and/or Articulate Storyline.
- Experience recording & editing voiceovers using Audacity or like tool; experience using video/screen capture software.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by Manager.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Effectively manage time and multiple tasks
- Participate in a team-oriented environment
- Equally comfortable working collaboratively and independently
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Analyze problems, identify solutions, and implement recommendations
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Adult Education, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience preparing Multimedia Content and publishing multi-screen interactives using course authoring tools such as Vyond or Articulate 360 (preferred)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, Adobe Premier or Affect Effects) and one of the established Learning Management Systems (Canvas LMS, highly preferred).
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds.
While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may also like –