Director of People Operations at Greenback Expat Tax Services
Director of People Operations (Sales mindset)
Greenback Expat Tax Services is a company that specializes in preparing tax returns for Americans living overseas. We are a highly energetic, positive, resourceful team working virtually across the globe. We believe that executional excellence is key to success. We are currently seeking a talented, passionate, enthusiastic Director of People Operations to join our team. Greenback prides itself on having best in class, high performing accountant contractor talent to serve Expats around the world. We focus on meeting and exceeding all contractual obligations, “wowing” customers and having high retention rates. As a fast growing business, we’re looking for someone who can not only absorb the learnings we have from the last 10 years, but who can improve our strategy and tactics, constantly innovate in small ways, and help set us up to scale on the accountant side of the business. We are open to anyone who lives in the North American time zones.This is a remote working position.
The Director of People Operations will oversee all high-level management of a team of accountant contractors (35+ and growing quickly)
- Oversee 1-2 direct reports (customer service and accountant success champions)
- Create management tactics appropriate for a large team and focused on meeting KPIs, in a scale-able and systematized way
- Ensure the accountant contractor team is fully staffed at a high quality level, with the support of the HR manager
Onboarding/Off boarding of your team
- Function as lead on creating the right workflows/processes/systems in Salesforce to set people up for success (ex: dashboards, reminder tasks, and overall setup)
- Drive all internal communications (intranet, newsletters, business process manuals, team calls, etc.), to achieve a few key objectives:
- Create clarity for what’s expected from accountants and share best practices on how to effectively use our systems and procedures, as well as how to best service customers (tools include our business process manual, intranet, etc.)
- Create an atmosphere of growth, community and skill sharing amongst the team (using forums, meetings, etc.)
- Set the bar high and constantly re-instill the value of Greenback as a great place for contractors to work
Key Skills Needed:
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and with presence both in written and verbal form
- Proven experience working 100% remotely in prior roles
- Experience managing a team of 30+ people, using data and process vs one to one management approach
- Best in class executive function skills (attention to detail, organization skills, technical prowess, etc.)
- Process focused thinker- someone who can map out a process end to end, document, and manage in a structured, thoughtful, but simple way
- Advanced ability to use data to manage a large group including metrics and data analysis to understand trends, manipulate data, etc.
- Strong technical ability (Salesforce). This person would be a super user, and needs to be able to work with a development agency and marketing team to ensure the setup for the accountants enables them to be successful and productive
We’re a tight knit team and the way we workday to day requires effective communication & collaboration. Resilience and professional maturity are key. The person who holds this role needs to be unflappable- deadlines can be stressful, we operate very fast paced, and we’re ambitious and move fast.
Greenback Expat Tax Services offers a wide range of benefits including:
- The opportunity for you to work with highly talented, communicative, make-it-happen people who also love adventure.
- Very generous time off policy.
- 4 weeks of Paid Parental Leave at 100% of your salary!
- We have an excellent benefits package that includes a 401k plan (with company match), medical, vision, and dental coverage (We pay 75% of your premium) and short-term disability (We cover 100% of the cost)!
- Annual team trip (this year: San Diego, last year: Playa del Carmen, Mexico)
Job Type: Full-time
You may also like-