- Hartford, Connecticut or Remote, United States
Insurity is one of the largest property and casualty insurance technology and services providers with more than 700 employees and 250 clients.
With more than 30 years of domain expertise, we have combined a deep understanding of the insurance business and technology expertise into a singular focus: empowering our clients with innovative and flexible technology that allows them to meet their business goals and offer a simplified insurance experience.
The Accounting Manager supports, manages and is responsible for the month end closing process. As part of that, you will coordinate with the VP, Controller and ensures that all month end closing tasks are completed, accounts are reconciled, and revenue is recognized.
In addition, you will participate in bookings and renewals meetings with Business Operations and Professional Services and ensure contracts and projects are reviewed and recorded accurately in our accounting software, following ASC 606 and GAAP requirements.
The Accounting Manager plays a major role analyzing current operational processes and recommending appropriate changes or improvements that maximize accuracy, productivity and efficiency.
Your efforts should increase the accuracy and integrity of the accounting data while enhancing our internal controls and reducing risk.
You will also support payroll by processing payroll payments and reconciling payroll accounts.
Other areas of support include annual audit, taxes and ad-hoc projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and complete month end closing process, ensuring 100% GAAP compliance. (40%)
- Work closely with Business Operations, Sales and Professional Services to properly review and book deals in SFDC and Intacct following ASC 606. (25%)
- Maintain integrity of accounting data while keeping accounts reconciled. (15%)
- Support payroll function, payments and reconcile payroll accounts. (10%)
- Support Audit, Taxes and ad-hoc projects. (10%)
- Perform additional accounting tasks or projects according to departmental needs, quite often on short notice.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years of relevant business experience including month end closing and GL ownership
- Strong GAAP skills and familiarity with ASC 606 (new revenue standard)
- Must be a team player and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Capability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Excellent work habits, including the willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done, especially during financial close, audit or tax season
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and work accuracy
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription-based business model) required
- Knowledge of Intacct and Salesforce a plus
- Solid computer and above average Excel skills are key
- CPA required
What you’ll get:
Cool Environment | Collaborative Culture | Competitive Salaries
Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Generous Time Off
Day 1 Health Insurance Coverage | 401K Match | Great Location
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you?
Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
You may also like –